Avocado Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Servings: 16 stuffed tomatoes
- 16 large cherry tomatoes about the size of a large walnut
- 2 large and ripe avocados skin and pit removed
- a small handfull of basil finely chopped
- a small handfull of cilantro finely chopped, plus extra
- lime juice according to taste
- sour cream
Cut thin slices from the tops of the cherry tomatoes. If neccesary, cut a small slice from the bottoms as well, so the tomatoes stand upright. With a teaspoon, scoop out the tomatoes and discard the seeds and pulp. Lightly sprinkle the insides with salt.
In a bowl, mash the avocados with a fork. Add the herbs and season with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Spoon the avocado mixture into the tomatoes. Garnish with a small dollop of sour cream and some cilantro. Grind over some fresh black pepper.